Promoting Paralegal Professionals
0207 112 8034

In the Press | How to Evict a Non Paying Tenant

NALP's CEO Amanda Hamilton discusses the procedure to evict a tenant from your property

"There are two routes; either by serving a Section 21 Notice of Possession or a Section 8 Eviction Notice under the Housing Act 1988. A Section 21 allows a landlord to take back the property at the end of a fixed-term tenancy agreement or if there is a break clause. In this instance the landlord does not have to provide any reason to claim possession.

Alternatively, a Section 8 Eviction Notice comes into play when there are grounds for eviction if the tenant hasn’t paid the rent, is being a nuisance to neighbours or has damaged the property. Both notices produce the same outcome – you get your property back."

Published in: Homes West Nolfolk 

Posted 1:57 PM | Permalink