Co-Op are hiring a Paralegal to join their legal team in Manchester, this is a fantastic opportunity for NALP Level 4 and 7 Graduates, looking for an exciting role within a great organisation.
The Co-op is changing. And it's changing fast. We're re-building our business to make it fit for the future, and our in-house legal team has a massive role to play in this transformation. They've got a big job on their hands supporting our colleagues by providing expert legal advice that's tailored to the needs of our diverse businesses and the support functions. And now we're looking for talented paralegals to join us and help make it happen.
You'll provide support to our legal team whilst gaining exposure to the business and manage a range of tasks that'll help you build on your experience. It's a fantastic opportunity to work in a dynamic role where you'll receive support, training and mentorship.
What you'll do
- undertake legal research
- review documents and prepare bundles/documents
- draft and update reports and correspondence
- attend meetings and minute team meetings
- provide legal advice (at an appropriate level, with supervision)
- help manage precedents, including helping to populate our contract automation system
- support the legal operations team
- join in with Co-op and legal team events and activities
This role would suit people who have
- a paralegal qualification, law degree, graduate diploma in law
- work experience, ideally previous experience working as a paralegal
- commercial acumen
- strong IT skills (particularly MS Word)
- good relationship-building skills, as you'll be working with a variety of colleagues including at a senior level
- the ability to maintain confidentiality
As a Co-op colleague you'll do work that matters in a great workplace for an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- an annual incentive scheme
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Not quite qualifed enough yet? Check out our accredited paralegal qualifications, highly regarded and valued by employers.
Posted 12:03 PM | Permalink