Looking for a career in Fashion? Training to become a paralegal opens up a variety of exciting careers within so many industries. The common misconception that Paralegals are simply assistants within Law Firms must change, we are working hard to promote paralegal professionals and the work you do within the legal sector and across different industries.
We are excited to share this Paralegal position we spotted at River Island.
Paralegal Position at River Island
River Island have 300 stores and counting. International growth. Award-winning online retail. One of the largest in-house design teams on the high street. There are hundreds of reasons to join us. And thousands of opportunities waiting for talented, driven individuals like you. We believe in rewarding our people for a job well done. From pensions and bonuses to big staff discounts, there are all the things you’d expect from an international fashion brand like ours. And many more you wouldn’t!
We are looking for a confident and commercially minded paralegal who thrives on working in a fast paced business and is passionate about the fashion retail sector.
The Paralegal will report directly to the Senior Legal Counsel and will also provide direct support to the rest of the team, being the General Counsel and a further Legal Counsel across a broad spectrum of legal and commercial issues. The role will provide a fantastic opportunity to gain hands on experience across all areas of the River Island business, taking in a variety of work including contentious and non-contentious intellectual property, brand protection, franchising, retail, eCommerce, commercial, marketing and compliance.
Over time we expect the Paralegal to take on the following responsibilities:
- Assist with the management of River Island’s global trade mark portfolio
- Collate and organise information for infringement cases and assist generally with case management
- Investigate instances of suspected counterfeiting and take responsibility for management of online international anti-counterfeiting programme
- Review and draft a range of commercial agreements across a range of business functions
- Carry out general research and draft guidance notes
- Be actively involved in product reviews and responsible for liaising with product teams to co-ordinate ongoing reviews
- Review and advise on marketing materials including competition T&Cs
- Assist with general administration of domain portfolio
Read the full job description and apply here
Any questions regarding this role should be directed to the recruiter, we are simply sharing exciting opportunities available to our graduates.
Sound like an exciting role but not quite qualified enough? We offer recognised qualifications for Paralegals, training paralegals to the highest standard.
Posted 1:23 PM | Permalink