In this Article on The Money Pages, NALPs CEO Amanda Hamilton discusses when you can use a Paralegal instead of a solicitor.
When might you use the services of a paralegal?
- If someone takes you to court claiming that you allegedly owe them money and you need to defend yourself
- If you need to take someone to court and need assistance with the process
- If you have been arrested for a minor criminal offence and need representation. Many paralegals are what is known as ‘Police Station Accredited’ and that means that they can be called out to assist you at a police station
- If you need assistance in a matrimonial matter
- If you wish to take action against your employer through a Tribunal
- To assist you in writing a Will or to obtain a Lasting Power of Attorney in respect of a relative
- To assist you with any welfare matter
- To assist you in a housing matter
Read it in full here.