Paralegal Job at Channel 5
To provide paralegal support to the Business Affairs team for Channel 5, primarily on the Commissions side but also to support other business areas within the Legal & Business Affairs team in line with the demands of the business.
Responsibilities and workflow may change depending on the needs of the business so the ability to adapt to changing requirements is essential.
Supervision by the Director of Business Affairs, Commissions or a direct report and supervision and guidance by other members of C5 Business Affairs team also.
- The ability to draft and negotiate in writing and verbally a variety of rights agreements
- Capturing rights on Channel 5’s rights management system or logs where required
- Knowledge of the rights and scheduling systems at Channel 5 or similar systems would be an advantage
- Excellent IT skills on all major systems including Word, Excel, Outlook, (Powerpoint)
- Experience of broadcast rights, rights management, rights exploitation and scheduling
- Knowledge and understanding of contracts
- Understanding of rights clearance and copyright
- Good knowledge of rights in the context of TV and beyond and acquiring the best rights position in such negotiations
- Excellent knowledge of database management
Full job details and how to apply here