Check out this amazing new Paralegal job opportunity with Entertainment One! Entertainment One are looking for an experienced Paralegal to join their Film/TV Business & Legal Affairs team.
This role covers two key parts of distribution at Entertainment One: the direct distribution of film and TV content in EMEA, and sales to third parties made by the International Distribution team.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Assisting with the drafting and negotiating:
- general amendments and extensions to acquisitions, productions, outputs, licences (including internal sub-distribution arrangements) and sales;
- general commercial agreements (i.e. such as the supply of goods and services to the company);
- clip licences, ‘bonus feature’ licensing agreements & NDAs;
- licensing arrangements such as non-theatrical deals and smaller TV sales; and
- promotions competitions.
- Performing various administrative duties for the team such as:
- co-ordinating signatures, both in the London office and managing the process in foreign offices including having documents notarised;
- setting up document, deal, communications, rights and update trackers;
- filing (digital plus limited physical); and
- diarising and issuing reminders to key executives with respect to key contractual dates.
- Reviewing contracts (answering ad hoc questions from various teams).
- Reviewing, advising, negotiating amendments and/or ancillary legal documentation where necessary, in respect of chain of title, clip licences, music licenses and other deliverables.
- Preparing summaries of acquisition/transactional and other arrangements.
- Co-ordinating and liaising with other teams within the group, including: finance, technical operations, business operations, releasing and sales teams to ensure correct information flow.
- Providing a general support function to the team (for example bibling, CP management on larger transactions).
The requirements for candidates are:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A legal background (degree, conversion course, other relevant experience).
- An understanding of media (film, TV and/or music) is preferable.
- Strong Microsoft office skills (excel, word, powerpoint).
- An open mindedness and willingness to learn every single aspect of the job.
- Enthusiasm and an ability to cope with repetitive tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- An ability to manage a varied workload and communicate effectively to all areas of the business globally, regardless of seniority.
- An ability to cope under pressure and strict deadlines.
This role would be a good fit for a candidate with a NALP Level 4 Diploma in Paralegal Studies or above. Don't wait to apply!